HOMEMADE CRUNCHY GRANOLA // M.STUDIO LIVING BEAUTIFULLY WITH CONSOL GLASS
The Satisfaction that comes from spending time in the kitchen is something I really (REALLY) want to cultivate in my life.
I have been blessed with a husband that’s extremely passionate about cooking… so spending time in the kitchen has not always been at the top of my list ( & in my younger years, entrepreneur life was BUSY & time in the kitchen took a lot of self-discipline. )
I started with something easy & also thought it would be great to kick off the food section of my blog with something that’s on the healthier side when it comes to my late afternoon sweet cravings.
I love storing my Granola in my Consol glass jars…
It looks beautiful, it’s eco-friendly & it’s also a beautiful gift idea!
This recipe is perfect for a family of 3-4,
I would suggest splitting the recipe in half if you’re only making it for 1-2 people.
Prep time: 15min // Baking time: 30min // Total time +/- 45min
- 300gr pumpkin ( Peeled & Diced )
- 3 cups Rolled oats
- 1 cup raw almonds – roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts – roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/2 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup raw coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 Tablespoons coconut sugar ( or other sugar alternatives )
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or honey
*optional – dark chocolate ( melt & drizzle over once cooled down )
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line two 25cm roasting trays with baking paper
2. Steam pumpkin for about 15 minutes or until soft. Blend smooth & then set aside in a bowl
3. In a separate large mixing bowl, add the oats, almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, chia seeds, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, dried cranberries, coconut sugar ( or alternative ), salt & cinnamon. Toss them together & set aside
4. In a saucepan, add the coconut oil, maple syrup ( or honey ), & the puréed pumpkin. Bring to a gentle simmer and mix well until completely combined. Add the saucepan mixture to the large mixing bowl of dry ingredients and mix well with a wooden spoon.
5. Divide the mixture between the two roasting trays and spread it into an even layer so it can bake evenly. Pop it into the preheated oven and bake for 30mins, turning gently at the halfway point. This will break up the clusters, so you can decide how big you want them to be. Once the granola is golden brown, remove it from the oven and allow it to cool completely. ( once cool, drizzle your melted dark chocolate
6. You can store your granola in an airtight container. I love using my Consol glass jars & keep it in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Enjoy your granola as a topping for yogurt or as a snack. Get creative with your granola & experiment with adding some of your favourite nuts, seeds & dried fruits.
STAY UP TO DATE :
// Daily inspiration and everything pretty on my Instagram @ilovemstudio
// Be part of the M.studio community for all the latest news, product launches and for a ton of inspiration make sure to sign up to receive my newsletters HERE